The ColorChecker® Classic target is designed to deliver true-to-life image reproduction so photographers can predict and control how color will look under any illumination. Each of the 24 colors represents the actual color of natural objects and reflects light just like its real-world counterpart.
The ColorChecker® 24 Patch Classic target is an array of 24 scientifically prepared natural, chromatic, primary and gray scale colored squares in a wide range of colors. Many of the squares represent natural objects, such as human skin, foliage and blue sky. Since they exemplify the color of their counterparts and reflect light the same way in all parts of the visible spectrum, the squares will match the colors of representative sample natural objects under any illumination, and with any color reproduction process. ColorChecker Classic can also be used to create a white balance with your digital camera to guarantee precise, uniform, neutral white under any lighting condition.
To compare digital reproductions to real life scenes or test targets, simply include ColorChecker in your first photo if you’re shooting JPEG or traditional, or any photo in the series if you’re shooting RAW. Later, in the studio, use it to compare, measure and analyze differences in color reproduction in any color rendition system. This objective standard will help you avoid costly mistakes and trial-and-error color correction after the fact.
The ColorChecker Classic can be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Digital Photography: Check images, correct white balance and perform color correction.
- Traditional Photography: Check films, lights, filters and paper
- Graphic Arts: Check any printing or proofing process
- Cinematography (Television and Video): Check cameras, lights and film
If you’d like to create color profiles for your digital camera and take your digital photography to the next level, consider the ColorChecker Classic.
- Array of 24 natural object, chromatic, primary and gray scale colors, arranged in four rows.
- Each square reflects light the same way as its real-life counterpart in all parts of the visible spectrum, under any illumination, and with any color reproduction process.
- Create a white balance with your digital camera to guarantee precise, uniform, neutral white under any lighting condition.
- Compare digital reproductions to real life scenes or test targets and measure and analyze differences in color reproduction in any color rendition system
- Number of Colors: 24 natural object, chromatic, primary and gray scale colors
- Description of Colors: White, black, 4 neutral grays, blue, green, red, yellow, magenta, cyan, orange, purplish blue, moderate red, purple, yellow green and orange yellow, dark skin, light skin, blue sky, foliage, blue flower and bluish green
- Size: 8.25 x 11 in. (21.59 x 27.94 cm)