Designed especially for the paper and printing industries
Today's highly sophisticated printing or packing machines process paper at an incredible speed. It is essential to adjust these high performance machines to the individual paper. Deviation of the paper properties must be avoided at any cost. A constant environment and a well-conditioned paper are crucial to maintain efficient high speed production and quality. Humidity and temperature measurement and control are critical to maintaining the precise and constant environment.
Controlling humidity in the printing environment is essential for many factors. An incorrect level of percent ERH (equilibrium relative humidity) or moisture content in the paper will have the following effects on product and process:
- Static electricity – This happens mostly when both paper and the ambient air are too dry
- Dimensional changes – At approximately 50% ERH, a humidity change of ±10% RH results in a length change of typically 0.1 – 0.2% of the paper, causing inaccurate registration
- Dust – Paper that is too dry generates dust that will lead to a layer of dust negatively affecting the printing quality
- Deformation – Deformation of the paper may occur if too much moisture is exchanged with the surrounding atmosphere through the edges of the stack or roll, eventually leading to rippled paper
- Ink drying time – High values of percent ERH and/or low temperature result in longer drying times after printing
- Best humidity level - A humidity level between 50-60% ERH is suitable for working with paper in any production process – Ambient air around the paper should not vary more than ±8-10% RH from a level that will maintain this range
Introducing the HP22-A Paper Thermohygrometer Kit
Avoid paper problems before going to press with the HP22-A, a fully digital, battery operated instrument set containing the essential components for measuring moisture in paper stacks or rolls. The set includes an integral, removable sword probe that measures temperature (°F/°C) and relative humidity when inserted in a stack or roll of paper. Both parameters are simultaneously and rapidly displayed on an easy to read LC display. The kit includes a handheld meter, sword probe, calibration device and 50% RH calibration standard, and a foam-lined carrying case. An optional calibration kit with five calibration ampules ranging from 0% to 95%, Swiss Calibration Standards certified, is available.
- Factory calibrated at 25°C/77°F and 10%, 35% and 80% RH
- Calibration is typically maintained within 0.8% over a one-year period Humidity measuring range: 0 to 100% RH
- Temperature limits at sensor -40°to 85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Accuracy: 0.8% RH and 0.1° C (0.18°F)
- Blade: thickness: 4 mm (0.16"), width: 22 mm (0.87"), length: 280 mm (11.0")
- Power supply: 9V alkaline battery
- Probe cable length: 2 m (6.5 ft)
- Weight: approx. 240 g (8.5 oz)
Also available in wall mount format and data logging.
- HP22A Handheld Meter
- HC2-HS28 Sword Probe
- EGS Calibration Device
- AC1125 Carrying Case