- Printable with standard flexographic inks and is also easily marked with ballpoint pens, felt-tip pens, pencils and rubber stamps
- Natural rubber pressure sensitive adhesive bonds to a wide variety of paper, film, fabric and yarn surfaces
- Thick flatback paper backing creates sharp paint lines when used for masking purposes
- Easy tear backing ensures hassle-free tape manipulation and application
Scotch® Printable Flatback Paper Tape 256 adheres to a variety of papers, films, fabrics and yarns. It is printable with standard flexographic inks common in the printing of packaging materials and is also easily marked with ballpoint pens, felt-tip pens, pencils and rubber stamps, making it ideal for labeling and coding applications.
Identify, Mark and Organize
Our Scotch® Printable Flatback Paper Tape 256 can be used for masking and general holding, bundling and splicing applications, however it's specifically designed for operations requiring colors or marking for identifications. It works best on papers, films, fabrics and yarns. This tape is easily marked and written on and works well in many graphic arts applications. The colored flatback paper backing tears by hand while minimizing slivering, making the tape easy to manipulate and apply.
- Light to medium bundling applications
- Banding items where color coding is required
- Last lap end roll tabbing of paper, film, fabric and yarns
- Banding, sealing, tabbing, defect flagging and holding applications where color for identification or coding is desired
- General light duty holding applications
Easy Attachment, Easy Removal
Scotch® Printable Flatback Paper Tape 256 features a rubber adhesive that instantly adheres to a wide variety of surfaces. It detaches easily and provides clean removal from a variety of substrates allowing it to be used in painting applications. The flatback paper backing is printable and features good tensile strength. This tape is ideal for use in temperatures up to 200°F/93°C.
What is Masking Tape?
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. The backing, typically crepe paper, sticks when applied to curved and irregular surfaces without lifting or curling. Various masking tapes are designed for different applications and should be removed within their specified time range. A very thin or poorly manufactured tape may splinter or shred when coming off the roll or being removed after use.
Our masking tapes adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. These products hand tear for tool-free application. Some have sufficient tensile strength for light commercial and industrial applications, making them useful for bundling, labeling, sealing, temporary repairs, lane marking, splicing, and surface protection. The classic crepe paper masking tape is a light tan color, but Scotch® masking tapes come in a variety of other colors and formulations to meet general and specific applications. It should be noted that many crepe paper masking tapes perform best for indoor purposes and may be difficult to remove after exposure to sunlight. Many of these tapes also have a shelf life of 12 months, beyond which, peak performance cannot be assured. A roll of masking tape is a basic toolbox or supply room item in any construction, warehousing, military, marine, shipping, or retail industry.
60 yard rolls
Case and sleeve price shown, is a discounted price.
- Models: 3M-2561/4, 3M-2561/2, 3M-2563/8, 3M-2563/4, 3M-2561 & 3M-25611/2