The PANTONE PORTABLE GUIDE STUDIO bundle contains a thorough collection of solid, solid-to-process, process-only and special effects colors. It is an ideal and comprehensive set for designers, pre-press professionals and printers interested in creating with, specifying, matching and approving the most diverse and market-relevant set of standardized colors available.
The set includes:
- PANTONE FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated
- PANTONE FORMULA GUIDE Solid Uncoated
- PANTONE COLOR BRIDGE® Coated
- PANTONE COLOR BRIDGE® Uncoated
- PANTONE CMYK Coated
- PANTONE CMYK Uncoated
- PANTONE METALLICS Coated
- PANTONE PREMIUM METALLICS Coated
- PANTONE PASTELS & NEONS Coated & Uncoated
- FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated & Uncoated Set: This two-guide set features 1,867 Solid Colors printed on both coated and uncoated paper - a must-have tool for designers, printers and color decision makers. Best used for specifying and approving Spot Colors in graphic projects especially logos, branded designs and packaging.
- COLOR BRIDGE Coated & Uncoated Set: A multi-purpose tool for printers, graphic and web designers. Best used for determining how 1,845 Solid Colors will look when reproduced through four-color printing process, as well as when displayed through digital media.
- CMYK Guides: Containing 2,868 CMYK colors on both coated and uncoated paper, this set allows designers the opportunity to visualize, communicate and control process colors for type, logos, borders, backgrounds and other graphic treatments.
- METALLICS Coated: 301 exquisite metallic colors that enable designers to add luminescence and a refined elegance to logos, packaging and branded projects.
- PREMIUM METALLICS Coated: 300 sizzling metallic color swatches developed to meet industry demand for special-effect inks that can be durable, easily coated and printed without fear of any loss in luster, tarnishing or blemishing.
- PASTELS & NEONS Coated & Uncoated: 154 soothing pastel colors and 56 hot neons for designers to use in graphic and packaging designs when softness, pop and/or vibrancy is essential.
- All nine guides come packed in a stylish, durable and easily portable carrying case.
- Chromatically arranged colors bleed off both page sides so colors can be best analyzed for matching when guide pages are laid on top of printed works during evaluation.
- Guides are produced on text-weight paper in order to best simulate the most commonly used industry printing substrate.
- A lighting indicator tool can be found at the back of each guide, allowing the user to instantly understand if current lighting conditions are suitable for accurate color evaluation and matching.
- Purchase of this guide set includes a free download of PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software, a $49 value. PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software allows upload of all the latest Pantone Color Libraries into your favorite design applications.
- Nine total guides
- Sets demonstrate the effects of solid and process printing on both coated and uncoated stocks for each color
- 1,867 solid colors and ink formulations (FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated & Uncoated)
- 1,845 solid colors and CMYK, HTML/Hex and sRGB values (COLOR BRIDGE Coated & Uncoated)
- 2,868 process colors (CMYK Guides Coated & Uncoated)
- 301 solid metallic color and ink formulations (METALLICS Coated)
- 300 solid premium metallic colors and ink formulations (PREMIUM METALLICS Coated)
- 154 solid pastels and 56 solid neon colors with ink formulations (PASTELS & NEONS Coated & Uncoated)
- Substrate: Ink on text-weight paper
- All colors are printed using a uniform ink film thickness making them easily matched on press
- Broad selection of market-driven colors, for practically unlimited creativity
- PANTONE Colors are internationally recognized for color communication and are globally available
- System supported by worldwide network of Pantone Licensees
- Individual guide size: 1 5/8" x 9 1/4"
- ISBN #: 978-1-590654-09-5
- UPC #: 8 49572 00548 4
- Mailer Dimensions: 15" x 10-3/4" x 3"
HOW TO USE
- Locate colors chromatically or by number by using the indexes found immediately after the colors (common to all guides excluding CMYK Coated & Uncoated).
- Compare and evaluate colors only under optimal lighting conditions. Use the lighting indicator tool found at the back of the guides or a light booth supporting either D65 or D50 light sources.
- Over time, any and all papers will yellow and inks will fade. In order to ensure you have the most accurate color for specification and evaluation, Pantone recommends that you replace your guides and books annually.