The PANTONE SOLID GUIDE Set offers graphic designers, printers, brand owners and color decision makers all 1,867 Solid Colors in both fan guide and chip formats, providing the perfect opportunity to most conveniently design, express, specify and approve color specific color intent.
- PANTONE FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated
- PANTONE FORMULA GUIDE Solid Uncoated
- PANTONE SOLID CHIPS Coated
- PANTONE SOLID CHIPS Uncoated
- FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated & Uncoated Set: This two-guide set is a must-have tool for designers, printers and color decision makers best, used for specifying and approving Spot Colors in graphic projects, especially logos, branded designs and packaging.
- SOLID CHIPS BOOKS: This two-book set allows designers optimal color communication flexibility and versatility. Chips can be easily removed, built into color stories, re-arranged, attached onto design files, presentation and mood boards and then conveniently transported or shipped globally to represent exact color intent.
- Set offers all 1,867 Solid Colors printed (guides) and then also perforated (chips books) into removable chips on both coated and uncoated paper.
- New colors have been added to the front of the guides and books, allowing designers to easily find 112 new means and opportunities for creativity.
- Printed colors bleed off multiple edges on both pages and chips so colors can be best analyzed for matching when laid on top of printed works.
- Colors are predominantly arranged chromatically and follow the same page order as in both the guides and books to allow for ease in visually locating color families and ranges.
- If searching for colors by number, users can find an easy-to-read index either immediately after the new 112 colors and before (chips books) or after (guides) the other 1,755 colors.
- Replacement chips book pages provide designers and printers an economical means of keeping books fresh and complete and can be easily ordered at pantone.com/color-chip-replacement-pages.
- A lighting indicator tool can be found at the back of each guide, allowing the user to instantly understand if current lighting conditions are suitable for accurate color evaluation and matching.
- Purchase of this guide set includes a free download of PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software, a $49 value. PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software allows upload of all the latest Pantone Color Libraries into your favorite design applications.
- Four total guides and books
- Set demonstrates the effects of solid printing on both coated and uncoated stocks for each color
- 1,867 solid colors with ink formulations
- Substrate: Ink on most commonly used industry text-weight paper
- All colors are printed using a uniform ink film thickness making them easy to match on press
- PANTONE Colors are internationally recognized for color communication and are globally available
- System supported by worldwide network of PANTONE Licensees
- Individual guide size: 1 5/8" x 9 1/4"
- Individual book size: 10-1/4 x 8-5/8"
- ISBN #: 978-1-590654-02-6
- UPC #: 8 49572 00541 5
- Mailer Dimensions: 10-3/4" x 10-3/4" x 5-1/2"
HOW TO USE
- Locate colors chromatically or by number by using the indexes found immediately after the colors or in the fronts of the chips books.
- Individual chips book replacement pages can be found and ordered on pantone.com when frequently used colors require replenishment.
- Compare and evaluate colors only under optimal lighting conditions. Use the lighting indicator tool found at the back of the guides or a light booth supporting either D65 or D50 light sources.
- Over time, any and all papers will yellow and inks will fade. In order to ensure you have the most accurate color for specification and evaluation, Pantone recommends that you replace your guides and books annually.