This supplement provides 112 industry-requested, inspiring PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM Colors in a convenient, removable chip format for those who have just recently purchased a PANTONE SOLID CHIPS Set prior to the new release.
- Individual chips allow designers optimal color communication flexibility and versatility as they can be easily removed, built into color stories, re-arranged, attached onto design files, presentation and mood boards and then conveniently transported or shipped globally to represent exact color intent.
- These 112 New PANTONE Colors are market-relevant with emphasis on specific, requested color ranges offering designers the most contemporary and inspirational color options possible for creative design application, expression, communication and specification.
- The supplement set colors are printed and perforated into removable chips on both coated and uncoated paper.
- Printed chip colors bleed off edges on three sides so colors can be best analyzed for matching when chips are laid on top of printed works during evaluation.
- Colors are arranged chromatically to allow for ease in visually locating color families and ranges.
- If searching for colors by number, users can find an easy-to-read index immediately after the new colors.
- Replacement pages provide designers and printers an economical means of keeping books fresh and complete and can be easily ordered at pantone.com/color-chip-replacement-pages.
- Chips are produced on text-weight paper in order to best simulate the most commonly used industry printing substrate.
- All colors have been specially formulated to print using a uniform ink film thickness, making them easy to match on press.
- Two sets of book supplements: Solid Coated and Solid Uncoated
- Tear-out chips on replaceable three-ring binder pages
- 112 Solid Colors
- Each page provides seven colors - six individual chips per color
- Set demonstrates the effects of printing on coated and uncoated stocks for each color
- Substrate: Ink on text-weight paper
- All colors are printed using a uniform ink film thickness making them easy to match on press
- PANTONE Colors are internationally recognized for color communication and are globally available
- System supported by worldwide network of Pantone Licensees
- Individual chips measure approximately 7/8" x 1-1/8"
- Individual page size: 5-5/8" x 9-1/4"
- ISBN #: 978-1-590654-18-7
- UPC #: 8 49572 00558 3
- Mailer Dimensions: 11" x 7-1/4" x ¼"
HOW TO USE
- Separate the supplement segments into coated and uncoated page sets. Add the new sections to each coordinating book binder immediately after the front plastic protector sheets and the previous title pages.
- Individual replacement pages can be found and ordered on pantone.com when frequently used colors require replenishment.
- Compare and evaluate colors only under optimal lighting conditions. It is a best practice to use either a Lighting Indicator Sticker to determine if available lighting conditions are sufficient or a light booth supporting either D65 or D50 light sources.
- Over time, any and all papers will yellow and inks will fade. In order to ensure you have the most accurate color for specification and evaluation, Pantone recommends that you replace your guides and books annually.