VIEWPOINT COLOUR, edited by Franklin Till, takes a lifestyle approach to color providing a global perspective across design 12 months ahead. Each issue highlights one overarching theme supported by visual imagery, material direction, and 4 trend palettes in Pantone Colors. The latest color news, color psychology research, designer spotlights and future design trends are also spotlighted.
Viewpoint Colour Issue 05 pays tribute to the ultimate designer: nature. Nature effortlessly achieves all the design goals humans set themselves and strive to reach: beauty, functionality, circularity. What can we learn from nature and how can we apply its principles to our own designs? We also consider the significance of white, exploring our historical and modern design relationship with this most subtle and versatile of shades, whose myriad gradations, from the starkly pure to the richness of the off-whites, reflect the infinite variety of nature itself.
- 12.5" x 9.5" softcover on heavy weight paper stock
- 176 pages
The latest color news:
- Organic Matters: Context + 4 color trend palettes for Spring/Summer 2020
- Visual Essay: The Living Surface
- Color/Material/Finish: Natural Variation
- Studio Visit: Traditional as Radical with Sebastian Cox
- Color Inspiration: Painterly and Imperfect
- Color Meaning: Off White
- Materials Library: Super Natural
- PANTONE Color of the Year 2019 – A Look Behind the Scenes
- Long term color forecast: Hyper Chroma Nature
- All color information provided using PANTONE Color references.
- Contributions by artists and designers around the globe expose a global perspective to color
- Comparative of macro and local views on key color stories provides perspective for sound color decisions
- Short- and long-term color direction allows you to select your colors based on your planning cycle
- Actionable color intelligence from global color trend experts gives you confidence to make critical color choices
- Lifestyle color approach streamlines the color planning process
- Enables you to begin your color planning with the Pantone Fashion, Home + Interiors color language