The PANTONE FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated & Solid Uncoated set is the must-have tool for designers, printers and color decision makers for specifying and approving spot colors in graphic projects, especially logos, branded designs and packaging.
- Set features 1,867 Solid Colors printed on both coated and uncoated paper, for the most options possible to communicate and specify color intent accurately and confidently.
- New colors have been added to the front of the guides, allowing designers to easily find 112 new means of inspiration, expression and opportunities for creativity.
- Colors are each displayed with coordinating numbers and ink formulations so that printers anywhere in the world will understand clearly how to best mix colors when matching on press.
- Colors are predominantly arranged chromatically to allow for ease in visually locating color families and ranges.
- Printed colors bleed off both page sides so colors can be best analyzed for matching when guide pages are laid on top of printed works during evaluation.
- An index can be found in the back of each guide for easy location of colors by number.
- The convenient fan guide format allows for optimal color scanning and portability.
- Guides are produced on text-weight paper in order to best simulate the most commonly used industry printing substrate.
- A lighting indicator tool can be found at the back of each guide, allowing the user to instantly understand if current lighting conditions are suitable for accurate color evaluation and matching.
- Purchase of this guide set includes a free download of PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software, a $49 value. PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software allows upload of all the latest Pantone Color Libraries into your favorite design applications.
- Two-guides: Solid Coated and Solid Uncoated
- Set demonstrates the effects of printing on coated and uncoated stocks for each color
- 1,867 solid colors and ink formulations
- Substrate: Ink on text-weight paper
- All colors are printed using a uniform ink film thickness making them easy to match on press
- PANTONE Colors are internationally recognized for color communication and are globally available
- System supported by worldwide network of Pantone Licensees
- Individual guide size: 1 5/8" x 9 1/4"
- ISBN #: 978-1-590654-00-2
- UPC #: 8 49572-00539 2
- Mailer Dimensions: 4-1/8" x 10-5/8" x 2-1/8"
HOW TO USE
- Locate colors by number by using the index immediately after the 112 PANTONE New Colors and/or at the back of the guide.
- Compare and evaluate colors only under optimal lighting conditions. Use the lighting indicator tool found at the back of the guides or a light booth supporting either D65 or D50 light sources.
- Over time any and all papers will yellow and inks will fade. In order to ensure you have the most accurate color for specification and evaluation, Pantone recommends that you replace your guides and books annually.