Portable Imaging Spectrocolorimeter
Match color with every product run
The X-Rite Imaging Spectrocolorimeter bridges the gap between color appearance and material color — from incoming material batches to outgoing product shipments — in an elegant, portable unit that fits comfortably in your hand. The RM200QC is designed to provide stable color comparisons for materials and products wherever color control is important.
Color QC at your fingertips
A simple, reliable tool everyone can use to maintain an accurate, reliable color program
Setting and maintaining color standards throughout the manufacturing process is a daunting challenge. The eye test is no longer good enough. Basic colorimeters or color swatches aren't accurate enough. More sophisticated instruments are often complicated, unwieldy, and difficult to calibrate between ingoing and outgoing measurments.
The RM200QC is lightweight, easy to handle, and comes ready to use. In barely more than a second you get a reading on your sample, and a report that tells you how close your color is to a measured standard. That's it. You won't need to connect to a software program; it's all right at hand.
Clear advantages for your color QC program:
- Achieve stable color quality throughout your manufacturing process
- Manage suppliers efficiently, each adhering to a single standard
- Control variations between lab formulation, production, and final goods
- Control batch variations
- Eliminate issues related to staff experience; everyone uses the same device
- Enhance accuracy by combining the technology with custom or off-the-shelf color standards from Pantone and Munsell which promotes a synchronous relationship between visual and measured results of color evaluation at any location
- Easily identify your measurements by tagging your samples either using the on screen keyboard for text or the built in voice recorder
Better Working Agreement... Why it's better
RM200QC measures color accurately by taking images of your sample using 8 different visible illuminations and 1 UV LED (9 bands), an advantage over traditional colorimeters that typically have only 3 bands (Red, Green, and Blue).
The unique imaging technology of RM200QC provides better agreement to visual observations through its 45/0 optical geometry and proprietary image capture technology. Each measurement is a combination of 27 images illuminated with different colors and from different directions. This takes just a little over a second and provides the device with information on color as well as on surface texture effects. RMC200QC also allows precise positioning on your sample, first for preview of the measurement area and then to store and recall the image after measurement. If you need a more in-depth report, RM200QC automatically creates PDF and CSV files that can be accessed on your computer with the device set in the "USB Report Mode". It's as simple as plugging in a memory stick!
Increased Quality Control with quick and responsive tools
RM200QC allows you to measure up to 20 reference standards and store these on the device, each date and time stamped with the option to name them using the onscreen keyboard. A maximum of 350 sample measurements can be stored on the device and compared to the reference standards.
Test results - see screen shots in [brackets]
- Graphical Pass/Fail indicator [Color QC]
- Display of dE for all common methods i.e. CIELAB, CMC, CIE 94, 2000 [QC Sample]
- Display of measured and delta differences with L*a*b*C*h° for standard and sample [QC Sample]
- Graphical L*a*b* plot [Color Plot]
- Verbal color difference description [Description]
When you want just a quick check, the RM200QC provides:
- "Color Compare" automated measurement for standard and sample comparison [Color Compare]
- "Opacity Check" measurement function to control the covering power of coatings [Opacity Mode]
- "Gray Scale" measurement for stain and color change assessment on textiles - superior ergonomics for this application compared to a benchtop spectrophotometer measurement and improved performance compared to visual evaluation [Indices]
- "Strength" measurement for any manufacturing process that requires control and adjustment of color component strength [Indices]