The CAPSURE WITH FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated & Solid Uncoated set is perfect for multimedia and graphic designers to collect color inspiration from any surface, material or fabric – even small, patterned, multi-colored textures and textiles – and match it quickly and accurately to preloaded PANTONE Colors, then bring it into your creative project and production workflow.
- PANTONE CAPSURE: This sophisticated imaging system preloaded with over 10,000 Pantone Colors makes collecting and accurately matching color inspiration simple, fun and fits in the palm of your hand.
- CAPSURE updates automatically and toggles easily across multiple PANTONE Libraries as well as synchronizes with popular design applications so that users can operate within their typical creation and development work flows.
- CAPSURE includes features such as provided harmonious and relative colors, multiple color extraction, custom palette creation and surface/gloss compensation allow for optimal and versatile design creativity.
- FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated & Solid Uncoated Set: This two-guide set features 1,867 Solid Colors printed on both coated and uncoated paper - a must-have tool for designers, printers and color decision makers. Best used for specifying and approving Spot Colors in graphic projects especially logos, branded designs and packaging.
- Guide colors are each displayed along with coordinating numbers and ink formulations so that printers anywhere will understand clearly how to best mix colors when matching on press.
- Guide colors are predominantly arranged chromatically with a supplemental back index to allow for ease in locating color families, ranges and numbers.
- Printed guide colors bleed off both page sides so colors can be best analyzed for matching when guide pages are laid on top of printed works during evaluation.
- Guides are produced on text-weight paper in order to best simulate the most commonly used industry printing substrate.
- A lighting indicator tool can be found at the back of each guide, allowing the user to instantly understand if current lighting conditions are suitable for accurate color evaluation and matching.
- Purchase of this guide set includes a free download of PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software, a $49 value. PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software allows upload of all the latest Pantone Color Libraries into your favorite design applications.
- Set includes one device and two guides: Solid Coated and Solid Uncoated
- Guides demonstrate the effects of printing on coated and uncoated stocks for each color
- Guides include 1,867 solid colors and ink formulations
- Guide Substrate: Ink on text-weight paper
- All guide colors are printed using a uniform ink film thickness making them easy to match on press
- PANTONE Colors are internationally recognized for color communication and are globally available and is supported by worldwide network of Pantone Licensees
- Device comes in a protective and stylish carrying case
- Device stores up to 100 color captures
- Device annotates colors with a voice recording and time-and-date stamp
- Device's rechargeable lithium battery lasts for thousands of measurements on a single charge
- Device features a large 1-3/4" color viewing screen
- Device weight: approximately six ounces (including battery)
- Device size: 2" x 5-1/2" x 1-3/8"
- Individual guide size: 1 5/8" x 9 1/4"
- ISBN #: 978-1-590654-11-8
- UPC #: 8 49572 00550 7
- Mailer Dimensions: 13" x 9-1/4" x 5"
HOW TO USE
- Install and update CAPSURE device color libraries through CAPSURE Sync
- Check out our PANTONE CAPSURE video and webinar on our website.
- Locate guide colors by number by using the index immediately after the 112 New PANTONE Colors and/or at the back of the guide.
- Compare and evaluate colors only under optimal lighting conditions. Use the lighting indicator tool found at the back of the guides or a light booth supporting either D65 or D50 light sources.
- Over time, any and all papers will yellow and inks will fade. In order to ensure you have the most accurate color for specification and evaluation, Pantone recommends that you replace your guides and books annually.