Obtain the widest color gamut available! Nothing optimizes the power of your digital camera like the ColorChecker® Digital SG (semi-gloss). It’s the original ColorChecker target, enhanced for digital photography. Ideal for photographers.
Specifically designed to meet the needs of digital photographers, the Digital ColorChecker® SG target includes the highest quality color reference standards available. Each of the 140 patches was chosen for its location in color space to expand the color gamut, so you can create profiles that capture the full capabilities of your digital camera and scanner.
The ColorChecker Digital SG target includes the colors from the standard ColorChecker target, many of which represent natural objects, such as human skin tone, foliage and blue sky. Additional skin-tone reference colors deliver greater accuracy and consistency over a wide variety of skin tones, and gray scale steps provide accurate control of camera balance to maintain a neutral aspect, regardless of light source. Digital ColorChecker SG can also be used to create a white balance with your digital camera to guarantee precise, uniform, neutral white under any lighting condition.
ColorChecker Digital SG provides the same great value as the ColorChecker Classic to compare digital reproductions to real life scenes or test targets. The ColorChecker Digital SG takes a step beyond the traditional ColorChecker by representing a larger gamut and providing greater refinement of individual colors.
Simply include ColorChecker Digital SG in your first photo if you’re shooting JPEG or traditional, or any photo in the series if you’re shooting RAW. Later, in the studio, use it to compare, measure and analyze differences in color reproduction in any color rendition system. This objective standard will help you avoid costly mistakes and trial-and-error color correction after the fact.
The ColorChecker Digital SG can be used for a variety of applications, including:
- Digital Photography: Check images, correct white balance and perform extensive color correction
- Film Photography: Check films, lights, filters and paper.
- Graphic Arts: Check any printing or proofing process
- Scanner Profiling: Create custom ICC scanner profiles with i1Profiler software (sold separately).
- Array of 140 colors: 24 patches from original ColorChecker, 17 step gray scale and 14 unique skin tone colors.
- Each square reflects light the same way as its real-life counterpart in all parts of the visible spectrum, under any illumination, and with any color reproduction process.
- Create a white balance with your digital camera to guarantee precise, uniform, neutral white under any lighting condition.
- Pair with i1Profiler scanner profiling software (sold separately) to create a custom ICC profile of your scanner.
- Number of Colors: 140
- Description of Colors: Includes 24 patches from original ColorChecker, 17 step gray scale and 14 unique skin tone colors
- Size: 8.25 x 11 in. (21.59 x 27.94 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs