The Guardian Inspection System OLP model can automatically find and highlight differences in print quality from an approved master image. The Guardian OLP can compare a one-up electronic file or scan to a multi-up electronic file or scan. This system will detect printing defects such as missing or extra print, pre-press errors, plate defects and color variations.
- Compare one-up, customer-approved master files to one-up or multi-up samples from any part of the production process.
- Automatically corrects for skew, distortion, and size differences, allowing you to compare even when your files have different resolutions.
- Inspect files in any language and any font, even braille
- Capable of detecting a missing period on a 3 pt font.
- Independent zones for background and copy to eliminate false defect notification.
- High-resolution feed-through or flatbed scanners.
- High performance industrial computer.
- User-friendly software guides the operator step-by-step, from setting up to performing an inspection.
- Simply load your approved master file or image, scan your print sample, and then start the inspection.
- Areas that don’t need to be inspected can be masked out.
- Save projects for later use, significantly reducing set-up time on future runs.
- Automatically zooms on selected defects so the operator can review, accept, or reject each.
- Offers FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliance.
- Generates a PDF report for each run that includes images of the master and each defect for comparison.
- Generates a log of operator action.
- Provides a complete audit trail for each inspection.
The Guardian OLP system provides early detection of errors, eliminating waste of valuable materials and press time.
- Revision Control
- Color Verification
- Verify customer supplied artwork against modified, press-ready artwork
- Verify one-up customer-approved artwork against stepped and repeated artwork
- Provide secure reports verifying the accuracy of the production files
- Optional barcode verification option assures that your barcodes decode properly
- Audit trail
Press Room Applications:
- Press make ready / job signoff
- First article of inspection
- Plate quality and registration check
- Revision check
- Braille quality inspection
- Optional: Barcode 1D / 2D grading
- Optional: Barcode 1D / 2D verification
- End of sheet, roll or batch quality check
- Certificate of inspection report
- Color verification
- Printed product revision check
- Counterfeit product check
- Verify product conformance
Guardian OLP Standard Features:
- Verify against customer-approved artwork
- Object-based inspection
- Auto image alignment
- Auto skew correction
- Auto image find
- Optical character recognition (OCR)
- Usable with any fonts
- Negative image or film and plate inspection
- Fold and crease correction
- Compares different size artworks
- Integrates with PCI 100% Inspection Systems
- Remote technical support and training
- Full reporting and documentation
- Defect classification
Guardian OLP Standard Options:
- ANSI/ISO bar codes grading
- 21 CFR Part 11 compliant
- Hand-held bar code reader job entry
- Roll label printer
Defect these defects:
- Improve Quality
- Increase Speed
- Reduce Waste
- Minimize Liability
- Missing, filled-in and broken text
- Print and die mis-register
- Font substitution
- Incorrect copy spacing and position
- Defects in graphics areas: logos, vignettes and process printing
- Color variation
- Ink spots, smears and streaks
- Incorrect or poor quality bar codes
Pricing starts at $20,000.00
Please email or call for quotation